little spurts of activity that go on in my head. Things I like, things I don't like and daily happenings.

Thursday, October 30, 2008

America the terrorist

I'm terrified to turn on the television
we have no vision at all
and I don't see a shimmer of reality in our reality tv
look, another story on Britney Spears
what about the tears
and the fears
after so many years
from the genocide we love to ignore
what about the murder and rape in Darfur
when after the first time
we cried
"never again"
so when?
when do we act?
and stop acting tough
when will we call our media on their bluff
I'm terrified
of these cover stories
being cover up stories
for the poor
we ignored
when the storm hit our shore
and the levy
that every...one knew would break
but the tragedy isn't so fake
so wake...up
pay attention
stop paying so much for this corporate detention
stop buying in
to the fast food they feed you
the countries we poison need you
I'm terrified for the future we get
when all we can give is mistakes and regret
and all we can possibly excuse with "next time"
what time?
we have no time for the issues at hand
we're still waiting for those planes to land
we're way too busy on our phones
to the bank were taking out loans
to pay for our houses our clothes and our cars
to pay to look more and act more like stars
but we cant see the stars when we look up at night
through the smog and the city light
and I am paralyzed with fright
I'm terrified of America
and the bombs we drop
and the mess we make and refuse to mop
we're polluting ourselves off the face of existence
we're ignoring our own thoughts of any resistance
we're spending millions to look like each other
we're letting the secrets stay under cover
and were terrified to look
at ourselves in the mirror
the answer grows clearer
and I'm terrified to share this
but America is a terrorist

No comments:

About Me

not all who wander are lost. but some of us are.