I worry about the future of mankind. I'm not talking about global warming and the bees dying and how the planet will be destroyed (mainly because I'm not worried about that stuff I'm expecting it). No, I'm talking about the people.
For example, television, that handy informant that makes people feel connected to the world by making them sit on their couches for hours, is the scariest thing to me. Commercials, which are definitely the majority of what you are actually watching seem SO completely over marketed I literally tense up. What about seeing a naked woman and hearing violin makes you want to buy a car? What the hell does that famous football player know about what life insurance is better? Thats not even the worst of it either. I can't for the life of me understand why people sit and watch people for hours on end just living their daily lives, making sandwiches, going shopping, gossiping, cracking mildly humorous jokes. Why not just get off your ass and make your own sandwich? People should sit around and watch other people watching television because thats what REAL reality tv would look like
Television is really not even the beginning of this though. Culture and Society are a joke in this country. Don't get me wrong I love America I really do but seriously anyone who has any kind of intelligence or creativity must look around like I do and say "WHAT THE FUCK???"
And its not just America at all its the new generation. I mean can you imagine people like this as adults?? I mean I'd like to hope that a new generation growing up would make better decisions than the one before it but I'm just not so sure thats going to be the case.....
I know its not everyone and I'm not the only one who thinks these things but it just seems like the percentage of people like me is getting smaller and smaller
little spurts of activity that go on in my head. Things I like, things I don't like and daily happenings.
Saturday, August 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Alicia Busa
- not all who wander are lost. but some of us are.
1 comment:
i love that youtube video.
also, i think you are starting to sound like a bitter old man. welcome to the club.
Post a Comment